Sunday, March 8, 2009

More Car Shopping

After Hannah's party, we came home for a few minutes then decided to go car shopping. We first went to the Honda dealership off of Business 80. We looked at a couple of used Honda Odysseys and a couple of Honda Pilots.

From there we drove over to Maita Nissan which is on Auburn Blvd, on the opposite side of the freeway from the Honda dealer. They had 2 2008 Quest vans. They were both fully loaded, except one had the DVD player and tow package and the other had a sunroof. We did take the one with the tow package for a drive, Gerry drove. I didn't drive it. They both are reduced in price because they are 2008's. They have leather seats and Gerry really wants cloth seats.

It was after 5 pm by then and after getting the salesman's card, we left to go get some dinner. So we are no closer to making a decision one way or another.

We went to Nagato's Sukiyaki for dinner. This restaurant has been in business for over 30 plus years by the same family.

There is a story with this restaurant. Long before I moved to Sacramento, my daughter and I would visit my younger sister and her family who lived in Sacramento. My sister, her husband and I would more than likely sneak away to Nagato's for dinner. Their neighbor would watch my daughter and my nephew while we did this. There was a waitress who worked there who appeared to be in her 60's or maybe younger.

After I moved here to Sacramento and met Gerry, we went to Nagato's for dinner one night. Denise had been invited to a birthday party at a school friend's and we had a couple of hours to wait until we picked her up. We were already engaged and were planning our wedding. So I said let's go to Nagato's for dinner. It was a test, if he liked Japanese food, we could get married. (LOL)! Well, he passed the test! That same waitress was still working there. And to this day, she is still there. She has got to be in her 80's at least. She is still very alert and knows what's going on. One night we were there, she was inside the kitchen area. There is a window in the door that leads from the sushi bar to the kitchen. She was on a stool rearranging some items up on this high shelving.

I always have the same thing, pork teriyaki with vegetable tempura. Gerry had Oyako Donburi last night. It was really busy. It's in a strip mall with a bar on one side of it and a car insurance office on the other side of it. I don't think there's been a time when we've been there that it hasn't been busy. The sushi bar is usually busy too. I've been in there at lunch time when I've gone to the Paper Garden for a class and it's been packed. The Honda dealer use to be across the parking lot from it and other businesses are around the area.

We didn't get up in time to go to church this morning. I am exhausted, didn't sleep very well last night. I got up about 3:30 this morning, read a little in a new book Gerry got me yesterday then went back to bed. Got up again about 9:30 am. Daylight savings time is always the pits at first. It takes some time to get use to it and then the car shopping is exhausting too.

Wendi and Katie fly back to So. California at 5:45 pm tonight so she will be by about 3 o'clock. Gerry let her drive the van yesterday, the car seat he took to Idaho for Katie to use is still in the van so she would have it to use. I don't think she was too excited to drive it. I don't drive it at all, it is too big for me, it doesn't have power seats so I can't reach the pedals. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment