Monday, December 5, 2011

Dinner Tonight - Chicken Casserole

I haven't done this in a while...post what I've fixed for dinner. So I'm going to try and do better with my posting. Here's a recipe I got from one of the food blogs I follow...http://plainchicken.blogspot.com. Steph is the blogger...she has some really yummy recipes.

I bought a rotisserie chicken from Bel Air and shredded it.Cream of Celery Soup, Cream of Chicken Soup and a small container of sour cream mixed together and spread over chicken.

A package of Stove Top Cornbread stuffing sprinkled on top.

A stick of melted butter (1/2 cup) and 1 cup of chicken broth mixed together and poured over the top. Ready for oven.

My plate with some petite peas. It was good, a little rich with the two soups and sour cream. Here's the recipe:


Yum Yum Chicken

1 to 1 1/2 lb chicken, cooked and cut up (I shredded a rotisserie chicken)

8 oz sour cream

1 can Cream of Chicken soup

1 can Cream of Celery soup

1 box Cornbread stuffing, uncooked (Stove Top)

1 cup chicken broth

1/2 stick of butter (I used a whole stick)


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In 9 x 13 baking dish, lay chicken in the bottom of the dish. In separate bowl, mix together the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup and sour cream. Spread over the chicken.


Sprinkle the uncooked stuffing over the soup mixture, (note: if herb packet is not mixed with stuffing mixture, top stuffing with herb packet). Mix together the broth and melted butter and pour evenly over all.


Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serves approximately 6 to 8.


*****

This was really easy to put together. We ate about half of it... :)

2 comments: