Saturday, February 6, 2010

Saturday Night

I was going to post last night but I watched TV until late. Yesterday I went out to the Placer County Fairgrounds in Roseville where the Gem Faire was being held. I pulled into the parking lot and the line for the ticket booth was almost out to the street. If a person is on the mailing list and received a flier in the mail, there was a free pass for Friday only so that probably accounted for the crowd. It took just a couple of minutes to find a parking space even though the lot was pretty full. As I walked away from the van, a guy from the fairgrounds was walking down the row and telling people that all the cars parked in that particular row were parked illegally and would be towed. Well, since I was parked in that row, I had to move the van. There was no sign or anything at the beginning of the row saying you couldn't park there.

I was only in the show about 30 minutes. It was jammed packed in the building and I can't stand crowds. Most of it was beads for making jewelry. There was some jewelry, mostly Chinese people from San Francisco and Los Angeles who had alot of overpriced jade and pearls. I didn't see anything interesting so I left. When I came out to the parking lot, some of the cars parked illegally had moved, however people were still trying to park in that row.

From there I was going over to Rocklin, the next town over to a scrapbook store that was closing. For some reason I had the hardest time trying to figure out how to get over to the scrapbook store. I probably took a round about way to get there!! I walked in to the store and the first thing I notced was that the checkout line snaked around about a fourth of the store, the store is quite large. I picked up some cardstock and then decided I didn't need it that bad to stand and wait in the very long line. So I did something I've never done in a store before ... I just put the cardstock I had picked out on a shelf and walked out. I didn't even try to put it back where I found it. I felt bad about it later. That is so out of character for me.

I hadn't had any lunch yet and I needed to stop at Bel Air for a few things so I drove over to the Bel Air by the church we use to go to. Next to it is a Chinese restaurant. I went in and had some lunch then went to Bel Air.

The sun was shining while I was in Roseville and Rocklin. I got home about 2:30 pm and the clouds had already moved in and the temperature had dropped quite a bit. Another rain storm was suppose to be moving into the area but it didn't start raining until early this morning. It has been foggy all day. Tomorrow it is suppose to be sunny.

Gerry has called at least a couple of times each day. Today he went skiing with his oldest son and he told me they had a good time. His son didn't try to do anything crazy and take him down any scary runs. Then this afternoon he went out by himself for a little bit. He is wanting to do some snowshoeing. He took a class last year, I think, and really enjoyed doing that. It might have been the year before he took the class.

Tomorrow I am meeting my oldest stepdaughter for lunch at Olive Garden. She was going to call her sister that lives in Citrus Heights and see if she wanted to go. It has been a long time since I've done anything with my stepdaughters so it should be fun.

Well, I am going to play some Mah Jongg and then go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. You sound exactly like me when it comes to crowds. I've sometimes even walked in the door and right out again before the door even closes. Unless it's gonna save me a whole lot of money, it's so not worth it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only reason I decided to go to the Gem Faire was because I had the free pass and it was something to do. I've done the same thing, walked in and walked right back out.

    ReplyDelete