Saturday, April 9, 2011

Pampered Chef Party and Rubber Stamp Convention

My stamping friend, Candice, had a Pampered Chef party this morning.  The demonstrator made a breakfast casserole dish.  It was really good.  She put a layer of hash brown potatoes in the bottom of a baking dish and sprinkled cheese on top of it.  Put it in the oven for a few minutes.  Then put some chopped ham on top of that.  Mixed up eggs that she put some cream cheese in and poured that over the potatoes and ham and baked it.  She put some chopped up tomatoes on the top after she took it out of the oven.  It was very good.  I bought a couple of things, needed more of the clips to use in closing up bags.  We've seemed to have lost some...I had tons.  Then I got some new scrapers.

I left there a little after 11 am and drove into Sacramento.  Candice lives in Rancho Cordova, south of Hwy 50, off of Zinfandel.  So I got on Hwy 50 to get to the Scottish Rite Hall where the Rubber Stamp Convention was being held.  The hall is over by Sacramento State University.  I do not like to drive on Hwy 50, I think cars are going a lot faster than on I-80.  There is construction going on and the lanes have been narrowered down.  I got to the Scottish Rite Hall and the parking lot was packed.  Thankfully I got a space close to the hall, a lady was pulling out so I waited for her spot. 

I was rather disappointed in the stamp show this year.  For one thing, there were less vendors this year and they were all in the large banquet room.  They were nicely spaced a part...however with the people packed in the room, it was hard to move around.  Besides the fact that I do not do very good in packed crowds.  I bought one item and that was all.  I spent more money at the Candice's party.  I stopped and had some lunch before I came home.

So now I need to get over to my craft table and do some projects.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, this is like the second disappointing stamp show you've been to recently. Bummahs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right! I hate spending the money to go and then its a big flop. One of my stamping friends went too. She got there after I left and said she was disappointed that there were fewer vendors this year. What was really bad...I won a door prize and I had already left. You have to be there to get it. My friend emailed me last night and said she saw my name up for the 1 pm drawing and I had already left. I had checked the board before I left too. So it was a truly bummer day...

    ReplyDelete