Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Cranberry Chicken

Here's another recipe that was lost and found again in my messy craft room. Cranberry Chicken: 4 lbs chicken pieces (3 pieces each of breast, thigh and drumstick). 1 (1 oz) envelope dry onion soup mix (I use Liptons). 1 (16 oz) can whole berry cranberry sauce. 1 cup spicy sweet French dressing. Rinse chicken, pat dry. Place chicken in a single layer in a lightly greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Sprinkle soup mix evenly over chicken. Stir cranberry sauce, and spoon over chicken; top evenly with dressing. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake at 400 deg fror 40 minutes; remove foil, reduce temperature to 350 deg and bake for another 20 minutes. This is the recipe has written in a Southern Living magazine. They used Kraft Catalina dressing. Here's how I did it. I used 6 chicken thighs. I sprinkled the soup mix over the chicken, put the cranberry sauce in a bowl and broke it apart. Added an 8 oz bottle of Russian dressing into the cranberry sauce, mixed it up then poured it over the chicken. Covered it with foil and baked at 350 deg for 40 minutes, then removed the foil and baked for another 20 minutes while the rice cooked. Steamed some fresh broccoli to serve with it. I think the first time I made it, I mixed the soup mix in with the cranberry sauce and dressing. This is really good. While I was rinsing the dishes and loading the dishwasher, Gerry was sitting at the breakfast bar. He was resetting the time on my camera to 24 hour time. I didn't know he took this picture...he also did a video. So this is what I look like from the back...LOL!! Pretty exciting, huh!! :-)

2 comments:

  1. You're cracking me up with all your found recipes! This one looks yummy too! Funny backside shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight it is going to be plain ole pan-fried pork chops...hahahaha!! Hilarious, huh...that backside shot...

    ReplyDelete