Monday, June 1, 2009

Another Update and Blogging Decision

It has been rather difficult in trying to blog our trip. I was able to get posting done while we were in Ft. Worth and at Denise & Stephen's. One of the biggest problems has been trying to get a good internet connection at the hotels/motels we've been staying at and the space to do so. So I've decided that I am not going to stress trying to get caught up with the posting. I will do so as I am able to do it.

Tonight we are in Port Allen, LA. It is across the Mississippi River from Baton Rouge. We will be here until Wednesday morning. We are staying at a Quality Inn and must say it is not the greatest. It is an older facility right off the I-10.

The drive here was very nice, country roads for the first part of the trip and then got on I-65 south to Mobile. I gave Gerry a wrong direction as we got into Mobile. Instead of telling him to get on I-10 going west, I said I-10 east. He was talking to Keith on his phone so Keith googled where we were and we were able to get going in the right direction again. So instead of by passing Mobile, we went right through it. It was just a few miles out of our way.

We left Denise & Stephen's coffee shop this morning about 9 am. Nathan, along with Britta came down to the coffee shop to tell us goodbye. Bekah wasn't sure she wanted to get up early so said her goodbyes last night. One of their regular customers, Jim, was there too so got to chat with him for a little bit. Gerry and I both had some breakfast before we left.

It was so hard to say goodbye. And yes, I cried!! We had a great time while there. Denise and I got to spend quite a bit of time together and that was good. Saturday afternoon she and I hung out at the coffee shop while Stephen, Gerry, Nathan and Britta (Nathan's girlfriend) went out to Ft. Rucker to watch the Apache helicopters shoot their guns. The shop closes at 2 pm on Saturdays. Denise did some scrapbooking and I worked on my blog. Bekah was babysitting. Later we all, minus Bekah, went over to Daleville, a town close by, to eat sushi. After we got back to Enterprise we went to Po Folks for dessert.

Our drive to Florida was very nice. We went down to Destin, FL and ate lunch at a place called The Back Porch. I have pictures which I'll post later. The food was nothing to write home about, however, the view was fantastic. The restaurant is located on the beach and we had a table on the back porch. The Gulf of Mexico is beautiful!!! The water is turquoise up close to shore and gets bluer farther out. The beach is lined with beach chairs and umbrellas that can be rented. After we left there we drove over to the Mall and walked around. It is an outside mall and very nice. It was pretty warm and humid so we didn't stay long. We headed home about 4 or so. The entire drive down there and back is on country roads so it took us about 2 and a half hours to get down there and the same getting back.

After we got back, Nathan and Britta decided to go to the movies, Gerry took Bekah out to drive for a while and Denise, Stephen and I relaxed at the coffee shop. Since Nathan had taken the car, we drove Denise, Stephen and Bekah home.

Well, it is 10 pm here so I am going to sign off and get to sleep. I need to figure out what we are going to do tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment