Friday, August 27, 2010

Bacon & Tomato Pasta

I follow a food blog called "Eat At Home" http://eatathomecooks.com. The blogger has some really interesting recipes and they all look really easy. I decided to try one of her recipes tonight. It doesn't look very appetizing because I forgot to get a couple of items. Here's the recipe:
1 lb pasta (I used penne since that is what she used).
2T butter and 2T olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped. (I used a small one)
2 cloves garlic, minced. (I didn't have any)
1/2 c white wine. (I used white cooking wine)
1 1/2 c half & half
1 1/2 c parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
salt & pepper
bacon, cooked and diced. (I used about 5 strips that I sliced up first then cooked it. I set it aside while I started the sauce).
1 can diced tomatoes, drained
fresh basil leaves, chopped. (I forgot to get some)


Boil pasta.
Melt butter and olive oil together.
Add the onion & garlic. Cook until onion is tender
Add 1/2 c wine, cook a minute or two
Add half & half. Stir everything together briskly
Stir in cheese until melted
Season with salt & pepper
Toss in bacon and drained tomatoes

Drain pasta then mix it with sauce. I put the pasta back in the pot after I drained it and poured the sauce over the pasta. Serve with extra parmesan.


It would have been a lot tastier with the garlic and fresh basil leaves. I don't know if there is a difference between cooking wine and regular wine.


She has some other recipes on there I want to try. Oh, she usually takes a picture of the ingredients she is using in her meals. It is quite obvious she shops at WalMart. :)

4 comments:

  1. Sure looks good to me. I think you can never go wrong with bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pork Rules!! Hahahaha! I think it would be better if I hadn't forgotten the garlic and fresh basil.

    ReplyDelete