Saturday, April 3, 2010

It's Saturday

Good Morning!

Just a short post for now since I haven't posted anything for a few days.

I slept in until 7:30 this morning. That is sleeping in for me since I am usually up by 7 am at the latest. Actually I was woken up at 4 am by Gerry telling me goodbye. Surprise, surprise! I was able to go back to sleep!!


Gerry is in Ione today. Ione is in the foothills, kind of south east from Sacramento. His bicycle club is having their annual fund raiser ride and he is helping to direct traffic. It is called "Party Pardee". A metric century and half century rides are offered. I think there is a 30 mile ride too. He took his bike with him and said he was going to do the short ride after he finished parking cars. Usually the week before, those that want to from the club go up to Ione and ride the route. He always talks about doing that, yet doesn't really want to make the drive two Satudays in a row. The ride is usually sold out every year.


So I get to do what I want today. The weather is suppose to be a lot better today than it was yesterday. I want to go get a pedicure so I should be getting myself going here in a little bit. I need to work on my card orders too. I've gotten quite a few of them done already.


About the weather yesterday, it rained some here, however the wind was pretty strong. Gerry left for his ride before 8 am and was back home about 9:30 am. He said he was so cold, his toes and hands were hurting from the cold. Only a few people showed up for the ride and half of them left to go home. He forgot to take any money with him so he couldn't even get a cup of coffee to warm up.


A friend of mine drove back to Sacramento yesterday after visiting in Oregon. She said on Facebook that they had rain, snow and more rain and snow. They had to chain up once and ten minutes later took the chains off. They bought a new Nissan Rouge while they were in Oregon and she said it handled very nicely coming through all of that. I saw on KCRA's web site that at one point I-5 was closed north of Redding due to the weather and accidents. So the weather was worse north and east of Sacramento.


Last night Gerry went to Good Friday services at Trinity Life. I had intended to go too, it was just too cold to get too excited about going out. After the service was over he drove over to Whole Foods to get some bread. He wanted something for dessert so brought home a small carrot cake. The baked goods from Whole Foods are so good. We each had a piece of it before we went to bed. Not such a good idea to eat something before going to bed, yet it was hard to resist. :)


I'll be back later to tell my story of why Easter is an extra special day for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment