Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fiesta Cabbage

This is what I fixed for dinner tonight. I think maybe I have posted it quite some time ago.

When I was doing some cleaning in my craft room/office last week, I came across a bunch of recipes. Fiesta Cabbage was one of them. I found it in a Southern Home magazine.

Here's what you need:

1 package of Kielbasa Polish Sausage
1 head of cabbage
1 small red onion
1 bell pepper
1 - 14.5 ounce can of diced tomatoes

Slice the sausage and brown in a large skillet Take it out of the pan and drain on paper towels. Cut up the onion and bell pepper (I used a red one) and saute in the drippings from the sausage. Cut the cabbage up and add to pan. Mix it in with the onion and pepper. Put a lid on the pan and wilt the cabbage (about 10 to 15 minutes). Add the sausage back to pan along with the can of diced tomatoes. (I rinsed the can out with a little bit of water and added that to the pan). Add salt & pepper then mix everything together. Let it cook for about 5 minutes or so until everything is heated through.

I served it by itself. I had also fixed a fruit salad...fruit cocktail, mandarin oranges, pineapple chunks, mini marshmallows, coconut and cool whip.

The mixture probably doesn't sound very good...however, it is really yummy!! There is just a little bit left over.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Your fruit salad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jalna, that salad is so easy to put together. Sometimes I will add a cut up Apple and banana toit. Sour cream is good too for the dressing although I prefer cool whip.

    ReplyDelete