Thursday, March 5, 2009

Thursday Morning Bible Study

In December of last year I started attending a bible study put on by Community Bible Study. They have groups all over the nation. It is a non-denominational bible study so there are women from different denominations and churches. The study I am going to also has a program for children from preschool to 6th grade and a nursery for infants. They also sponsor groups for couples, men, teens and college age. My granddaughter, Rebekah-Elizabeth, goes to a teen group in the town they live in.

My group meets on Thursday mornings from 9 am to 11 am. We are just about done with a study on Daniel, a book in the Old Testament of the Bible. It talks about prophesy, spiritual warfare and most of all centers around God's sovereignty. Despite all the doom and gloom we hear about in our world today, we can be confident that God is still in control. It has been exciting, intriguing and confusing. I decided to do this so I could have some interaction with other women and to do more indepth bible study. So far I am enjoying it immensely.

We will finish out the year with studying Colossians. The year starts in September and ends in May.

No comments:

Post a Comment