Monday, May 24, 2010

Yummy Dinner

Here's the recipe for what I fixed for dinner tonight. I forgot to take a picture of it before we dug into it. I am writing exactly as printed. I do not usually follow the exact directions to a recipe, especially when it tells you to cut something in .... inches.

Artichoke Parmesan Pasta Toss

Cook 1 package or box or your favorite pasta according to package directions; drain well and place in large bowl. Meanwhile saute 3 links Aidelis Artichoke Sausages, sliced diagonally 1/4 inch thick, in a large nonstick skillet. Add 1 (7.5 oz) jar of Raley's Marinated Quartered Artichoke Hearts, sliced in half, and 3/4 cup halved grape tomatoes; cook for a few minutes more to heat all ingredients. Add pasta, 1/2 cup Raley's Shredded Parmesan Cheese and 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil to skillet and toss well. Makes 4 servings.


The pasta I used were small tube type pasta. I threw the bag away so I can't tell you exactly, however something like rotini or rigatoni would work great. I used all 4 pieces of sausage that came in the package and did not cut them in 1/4 inch pieces. I just sliced them diagonally. This recipe came out of a magazine that Raley's puts out quarterly so that's why it says to use Raley's brands. Any brand of marinated artichoke hearts and shredded parmesan cheese will work, I'm sure. I used two bottles of artichoke hearts and did not cut them in half. Instead of Parmesan Cheese, I used a 4 blend Italian cheeses that comes in a tub. If your grocery store doesn't carry grape tomatoes then use cherry tomatoes. The only seasoning I added was some salt to the boiling water for the pasta. The liquid from the artichoke hearts was sufficient for seasonings. And I didn't add the basil, I don't like it.


Anyway, this was very easy, went together quickly and it was oh so good!! I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch tomorrow!! :)) Try it and let me know what you think.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds very interesting! I love artichokes. Never heard of artichoke sausage though. I'll keep my eyes open for the sausage, and maybe I'll make ths dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The particular brand of sausage has all kinds of weird ones. This one had huge pieces of artichokes in it. It was good. I could have eaten the sausage by its self.

    ReplyDelete