Monday, May 24, 2010

Rubber Stamp Convention and Ashley's Birthday Party on Saturday

Saturday morning I went to the Rubber Stamp Convention held at the Scottish Rite Temple each year. There were 23 vendors this year, a few vendors were new to the show. I stayed for an hour. It was so crowded, the space is not very big and then to have 23 vendors with their merchandise and then add people. I don't do well with crowds and tight quarters. Another thing was that the organizers ask that strollers and rolling bags not be brought to the show. There were several ladies with huge rolling bags. I almost fell over one lady's bag. Every time I moved to get out of her way, there she was in front of me again. I only shopped at one vendor before I decided I had enough.


Later that evening we went to Ashley's birthday party. She celebrates her 18th birthday on the 27th. She is the oldest daughter of Elizabeth who is the oldest of our girls, Gerry's 1st born child. Here's Miss Ashley...she is so pretty and has a very sweet disposition. Up until 3 or 4 years ago, she seldom had much to say to me much less look at me. She has blossomed into a very sweet girl. She is taking voice lessons and had her first recital recently. I love her!! Elizabeth outdid herself again with Ashley's cake. I teased her about her hibiscus flowers on the cake. I was giving her a bad time; she just gives it back to me. :)
I loved the color scheme of her cake and napkins. I saved one to try a card with these colors. I have a nice hibiscus stamp.

Here's her card that I made for her. I posted it on my card blog too. I could have done a hibiscus card if Elizabeth had told me what the theme was for Ashley's party. When I said something to her about it, she says "yeah, yeah, yeah". I get no respect from that girl. LOL!!

Ashley will be doing something fun this weekend to further celebrate her birthday.



1 comment:

  1. Too bad about the convention. The last time I went to one of those things, I paid $5 for parking and $3 to get in (or the other way around). I felt kinda like I had to find something to make it worth my time and money. Looks like you had a good time at Ashley's party. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete