Tuesday, May 11, 2010

My Nook

I finally got my Nook set up and today downloaded a book. The author is Debbie Macomber, the title is "The Shop on Blossom Street". There are 5 books in this series. The cost was $5.76. I started with an inexpensive one to see how this works. It is a little confusing, at least to me, in figuring out how it works. I had to have Gerry register the device for me. It has a keyboard much like a smart phone and I kept hitting the wrong keys when I was trying to register it. Gerry told me it was because I don't type with one finger like he does. :)


I went up to Barnes & Noble today to look at the covers that are made for the Nook. Would you believe .... they don't have any in the store. I had looked at them online yesterday, I wanted to see what they looked like in real life. The sales person told me that B&N is having such a overwhelming amount of sales of the covers online that they cannot supply the stores. They are rather pricey starting at about $25 to $125 for the designer ones. So I guess I will have to order one online.


The sales person told me about a class that they are having to teach Nook buyers how to use the reader. One is this coming Saturday, I already have plans and the next one is the middle of June. I think I will register for it. It wouldn't hurt to take it.


After I figured out how to get to the book I purchased, I read the first chapter. I wouldn't be surprised if one could read a whole book in one day, if there weren't a lot of pages. This particular book has 300 pages.


I had created a list of the books I want to read on my desktop computer. So yesterday I brought it up and printed it out so I could check and see which ones are in ebook format. I started creating a wish list on B&N and so when I want to purchase another book, I can just look at my wish list and order from there. I won't have to look them all up again.


Of the authors I like to read, the selections are not that great. I have several books that I purchased that I haven't read. I need to get those read, I've run out of room to keep them. My craft room/office is overflowing between my stamp stuff, my books and everything else that seems to find its way into this room. I need to go through my Stampin Up stamp sets and see if I can get rid of some of them. Some friends of mine that are Stampin Up demos are having a huge garage sale this Saturday. It would have been nice to have been able to sell some of them at the garage sale.


Anyway, I think once I figure out how to use my Nook and am comfortable with using it, I am really going to enjoy it. I just need to get a cover for it so it doesn't get all banged up.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Betty, you are soooo in this millenium age now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, huh! So many toys, so little time to play with them all! hahahaha!! I'm sure I will still enjoy picking up an actual book to read it every once in awhile. :))

    ReplyDelete