Friday, February 26, 2010

Today

The rain is back, although it is not raining at the moment. It has rained off and on most of the day. We even had some sun this afternoon. I think there is more rain expected during the night. Tomorrow is suppose to be cloudy.

I got another email this afternoon that services for Mr. Hotoke, my former high school choir director is scheduled for Friday, March 5th. His widow has asked that those former choir members that can attend the service, sing at the end of his service. That will be such a wonderful tribute to him. There is a page on Facebook dedicated to him and different ones have left comments. I added my thoughts to the page.

I am going to a Shoebox Card Swap tomorrow. I've put pictures of my card samples on my card blog which is listed on my sidebar. We have a potluck lunch so I am taking a fruit salad which is called "Five Cup Salad". It is pineapple chunks, mandarin oranges, coconut, miniature marshmellows and sour cream for the dressing. I'm also taking a hot dish which I usually do as a casserole. I am going to put it in my crock pot instead. There's no recipe for it, my former sister-in-law use to make it years ago. Hamburger meat is browned and half of a chopped onion is added. Then corn kernels, sliced green olives, stewed tomatoes and tomato sauce. The seasonings are salt, pepper and oregano. This is all mixed together and simmered for about 30 minutes or so. Then it is added to noodles which have already been cooked, put in a casserole dish with lots of cheese sprinkled on top. Then put in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or so until it is bubbly and the cheese is melted. I use either egg noodles, large macaroni or rotelle (the corkscrew looking pasta). It is so very good and so simple to put together.


Gerry is going to San Francisco with a group of men from Trinity Life Center for a work day at a mission. They are leaving Trinty at 7 am and should be back in Sacramento by 5 pm. Monday of this week was the only day he got to ride so he has been kind of bummed out. Hopefully the weather will be better next week.

I am going to make Facebook pages for both of my blogs. I will send out invitations to everyone on my Friends list to become a fan. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment