Thursday, March 25, 2010

Kailua High School, Class of 1960, 50th Class Reunion


The celebration of Kailua High School, Class of 1960, 50th Class Reunion starts this evening with a dinner at the Natsunoya Tea House in Honolulu. On Saturday there is a luau at the home of a classmate in Waimanalo and on Sunday, a picnic at Bellows Field in Waimanalo. An email from a classmate said there were about 80 or so classmates attending the reunion with about 60 guests. That is a nice turnout for the 50th reunion. I think there were about 300 in our graduating class.

Our yearbook pictures had to be in cap and gown. Hard to believe I once looked like this at 17 years of age. It is a far cry from what I look like now at 67 years old. :)


As I've shared previously, I am not able to attend the reunion. A DVD is going to be made and I have placed an order for a copy of it. I will be there in spirit.


It is hard to believe that 50 years have passed since we graduated on June 6, 1960. What was then the high school is now the junior high school. The two schools swapped locations about 1964 or so.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments: