Saturday, May 7, 2011

In Honor of Mother's Day - My Grandmother and My Mother


My grandmother, Evangeline Camara Hulihe'e

January 1, 1894 - April 29,1990

She was born on the island of Kaua'i


My mother, Bernice Kealoha Hulihe'e Chung-Hoon and I.

This picture was taken in August 1994. I had gone home to join the family in celebrating my mother's 80th birthday. We had a big Chinese dinner for her. That next week there was a Christian Women's Fellowship luncheon. Mom wanted me to attend it with her. I was thankful that I had taken a dress with me. I am wearing a white ginger lei that a friend of my Mom's had given to her in celebration of Mom's birthday. Mom wanted me to wear it...I was thankful to have it to wear. It, of course, smelled fantastic.


I have this picture as my Profile picture on Facebook. Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment