Monday, January 17, 2011

Pot Roast in the Crock Pot

I fixed a pot roast in the crock pot today. I started it about 11am and it was ready by 5pm. We, in fact, went up to the AT&T store and when we got back I turned the pot on warm. I put the rice on and fixed a vegetable.


I usually fix my pot roast on the stove...I thought it would be a nice change to do it in the crock pot. First I season the roast with Lawry's seasoned salt and McCormick's garlic pepper. Then I brown it on both sides in some olive oil. I turn the crock pot on while I'm doing this so it can warm up and I have a hot pot when the roast goes in. I sprinkle an envelope of Lipton's onion soup dry mix on the top of the roast and pour a small amount of water on top. That is to dilute the soap a tiny bit and make sure there is a thin layer of water on the bottom of the pot. Then I put a cut up onion on top of the roast. This one cooked on low for about 6 hours. It falls apart and its a challenge to get it out of the pot. Its so worth it though...it is so good!!


The sun didn't come out today as the weather people said it would. Supposedly there was suppose to be wind this afternoon that would blow the clouds away. Unfortunately that didn't happen. I just don't like the dreary weather...I don't know what's worse...rain and/or freezing temperatures or the gloominess. Curious to see what tomorrow will be.

2 comments:

  1. Betty, that sounds good! Was it pork or beef?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beef...chuck roast. That's usually what I use for pot roast.

    ReplyDelete