Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! I hope everyone is having a fantastic day.

This post is for my son-in-law, George. He reads my blog and told me he has been missing my posts.

We are visiting in La Puente with George, Joyce (our daughter) and our two precious granddaughters, Katie & Emma. We got here Tuesday afternoon and will probably head for home on Saturday. On Wednesday we drove down to Irvine (Joyce, Katie, Emma, Wendi, another daughter, Gerry and I). Gerry's sister Jeanne lives in San Marcos and her kids were visiting her for Thanksgiving. So we met them at an Elephant Bar restaurant for lunch and had a very enjoyable 2 hours visiting and catching up. George had to work so he didn't get to go with us.

Katie and Emma are our youngest grandchildren and such a delight to be around. They are sweet little girls. Gerry and I were very impressed with their behavior at the restaurant. They were so good considering we were there for such a long time. They didn't fuss in the car both driving to Irvine and coming back. Katie took a nap coming back, Emma tried...The traffic was horrible coming back, stop and go, took us twice as long to drive back.

George works at Disneyland. Joyce told us we need to come back another time so we can go to Disneyland. Gerry and I haven't been there since our 10th anniversary...that was a few years ago. Joyce teaches 3rd grade and has had this week off.

I apologize for not posting on my blog for quite some time. Its not like I haven't had anything to post...I think about doing it and then its too late in the day and then I forget about it.

I started working on my Christmas cards on Monday. I did manage to get a few done. I'm trying something different this year for cards...going to do very little stamping, using mostly designer scrapbook paper. I was quite pleased with the few I got made.

Have a wonderful day...eat lots of great food...and if you are traveling, drive safe.

1 comment: