Friday, February 18, 2011

Catching Up...Again

I don't know why I have such a hard time keeping my blog updated. I think about it, then when I think I have time to blog I'm too tired. I must say I do get tired of seeing the same post on my blog every time I log on. You'd think that would be motivation enough to update it. :-) I do admire my friends who update their blogs every day or at least 2 or 3 times a week.


So I included several things into one post.


This picture of Stephen and Denise was taken at Christmas time. Today they are celebrating their 22nd anniversary. Hard to believe that much time has gone by. Their marriage is strong and they are totally committed to each other and their children. This mom is very thankful. They met in high school at the end of their sophmore years and were married a year and a half after they graduated. Stephen spent one year at BIOLA University in Southern California, came home to enroll at Sacramento State and then decided to go into the Army. They were married after he finished his basic training and AIT. They began their married life in Germany. Stephen's next duty was at Ft. Bragg in Fayetteville, NC; they lived in Fayetteville for about 13 years before they moved to Enterprise, AL where they now live.
Gerry holding Emma (granddaughter) at Bogus Basin in Idaho. She got tired and after rocking her for a little bit, she went to sleep in Granddad's arms. Last Wednesday Gerry and Jason (son) left to drive to Boise/Mountain Home, Idaho to spend a week with some of the family to go skiing at Bogus Basin. This is the 11th year they've been doing this, Gerry went for the 1st time in 2005. He and Jason got back to Sacramento this past Wednesday. It sure was good to see him Wednesday night.
He took this picture with his phone...looking west after they left Winnemucca, NV. They had to chain up before they entered California and had chains on for 2 hours or so. It was whiteout conditions after they left Truckee and over the summit. With the chains on they couldn't go faster than 30 mph so it was slow and go.
Last week Saturday I had lunch with some of the people I use to work with at the Juvenile Courthouse. L to R: Darlene, our former supervisor (she's retired now), Sherri, Monica (she resigned a week before I retired and now works for the State of California), me. In the back L to R: Mark (he also resigned, went back to school and works in SF now), Winston (also retired), Rhonda and Alena. Sherri, Rhonda and Alena still work at the courthouse.
This past Monday I had lunch with a couple of friends from the stamp group I belong to. Then we came over here and worked on projects for a while. So I kept myself busy while Gerry was gone. I do okay during the day, however, I have a rough time getting through the nights. I sleep with lights on so the house is not completely dark. I know its silly.

2 comments:

  1. Denise looks like she's only 22 years old. Hard to believe she's been married that long. It seems like only a little while ago that Gerry went on his yearly ski trip. Nice group photo of you and your former coworker. It's awesome that you folks still get together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, huh...she has not changed at all. I tell her its the good genes we have...:) I get together with my former co-workers about every 3 months or so. Sherri decides the date, asks for suggestions about where to go and then makes the reservations. I really miss them...they were a great group to work with. There are some others that come once in awhile. Gerry sure enjoys being with the kids on the ski trip. Especially little Emma and her big sister Katie (granddaughters). :)

    ReplyDelete