Sunday, August 29, 2010

Beautiful Sacramento Day

We had a beautiful day here today. It did rain pretty heavily during the early morning hours and it was cool and cloudy when I got up. The sun soon came out, the temperature was probably in the low 80's.


We drove out to Chevy's on the River for lunch today. Surprisely we got seated right away. There were people waiting for tables on the back porch. The inside of the restaurant was pretty empty. I had the same thing I had the last time we were there...carnitas enchiladas with green tomatillo sauce. We also got the gucamole that they make tableside. We asked that it be made without any spices so I could eat it and it was really good.


After we left there we drove up the River Road for a ways. We had to turn off because there was road construction up ahead and the road was closed. Driving back east, there were huge thunder clouds towards the mountains. The paper this morning said there might be snow about 8000 feet; the clouds didn't look like snow clouds.


I have two card swaps that are due and so I've been working on them. They are both done now and I need to get them in the mail tomorrow. I haven't taken pictures yet, they'll be on my card blog tomorrow. Organizing the craft closet is finished. There are a few things I need to clean up in the dining room.


It seems impossible that September is here already. The days and weeks just fly by. Soon we'll be talking about Christmas.


Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment